Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Me and Music

Through out my years so far on this earth Michael Jackson has been a part of it you could say. I'm not the biggest Michael Jackson fan, actually I think he is kind of creepy in a way, but I do like some of his songs. He has a big influence on music and I respect that. The day Michael died all I can remember is that a charles angels member also died. Everyone was paying so much attention to michael that she didn't even matter. Anyways, I remember seeing him absolutely everywhere and on every TV channel or show. His death was a huge deal! As the shows continued for awhile it kept bringing me back to those few songs that I actually enjoyed. It was really sad when they would show stuff from his old shows. Like I said I never was a huge Jackson fan but when he died it really opened my eyes and made me remember how much of an impact he made in music. After awhile when the shows were slowly fading away I actually downloaded one of his songs and was listening to him more which was weird because songs cost money and usually I wouldn't waste my money away on him. I would compare his music with other songs and it just got me thinking. Our songs nowadays are so much different. They are pretty much just a sound, no meaning behind some of them. (rap music I'm meaning) It's very sad that he died but in a good way it's okay that he did. He got me to start listening to older songs that are much better and expand my music interest more. Jackson made an impact not only on my music but me as well. Possibly it did the same for a lot more people and they could see the difference it made for them as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment